Dec 6, 2013 11:00pm PST
apologized for his crimes and because of his age and medical condition. >>> vice president biden who was in south korea praised newman's released and asked if he wanted to fly home in style. >> i of offered him a ride home on air force 2, but without a direct flight to san francisco, i don't blame him. i would be on that flight too. >> newman is expected to board the flight to sfo shortly and return home to his waiting and relieved family. >> absolutely. >>> still to come, remembering nelson mandela. the tributes here and in south africa. >> and the great christmas light fight. and the bay area family trying to take home a win in the battle over the best holiday display. >> and we are keeping an eye on the cold weather and the live doppler 7hd. sandhya p ♪ thank you grandma for the dolls. ♪ ♪ i love it! ♪ i'm ninja kicking through the halls. ♪ ♪ i love it! ♪ mom's posting pictures on your wall. ♪ ♪ that's my kind of holiday. ...are the hands that do good things for the whole community: the environment, seniors, kids, and animals. that's why we created the share the
Dec 7, 2013 11:00pm PST
as a symbol of meryl's safe return. the vice president joe biden who is in south korea had this to say about the korean war veteran's released. >> there is a good piece of news. they released someone they should never have had in the first place. >> the north korean government accused him of war crimes and the state media released this video of newman last week allegedly confessing to the crimes. the news outlet says newman's apology, his age and his medical condition lead to his released. lisa amin gulezian, abc7 news. >>> at least six americans have been detained since 2009 including kenneth bay who has been held in north korea for more than a year. he is a korean-american missionary. he is accused of plotting to overthrow the communist government. >>> a two-alarm fire seriously damaged an apartment building in alameda county. it happened late this afternoon in a two-story apartment building on on san jose avenue. fire officials say the cause was a faulty power cord in a second floor bedroom. displaced residents are being helped by the red cross. >>> and a watermain break in castro valley.